News Details
Alonso adamant the door is still open to F1
Fernando Alonso insists he has left the door open to a possible return to Formula 1 come 2020, saying 'who knows' what the future holds. The double World Champion announced earlier this month that he is walking away from F1 at the end of this season. In that press release Alonso said he believes McLaren 'will come back stronger and better in the future and it could be the right moment for me to be back in the series; that would make me really happy.' However, given his age, 37, some have questioned whether fans will ever see him race again in Formula 1 after this year. He insists it is a possibility. 'I think the door open is more because I think I am driving at the best level of my career...
Full Story »
Full Story »
7y ago from PlanetF1.com
0
You May Also Be Interested In...
Briatore: In Formula 1 one should never say never
While Fernando Alonso has apparently closed the door in Formula 1, he...
7y ago from GrandPrix247.com
Fernando Alonso says 'door is open' for Formula 1...
Fernando Alonso isn't ruling out a return to Formula 1 in the future,...
7y ago from MotorsportWeek.com
Alonso set for IndyCar road course test
Fernando Alonso announced his retirement from Formula One on Tuesday, but...
7y ago from GPBlog.com
Perez: Class B reality is ‘damaging F1'
I wrote an editorial last week about the reasons Fernando Alonso was...
7y ago from TheParcFerme.com
Elsewhere On The Network
Popular On MGPToday.com
Why Jorge Martin burst into tears at MotoGP Hungarian...
No description available...
15h ago from Motorsport.com
Marc Marquez: ‘My exceptional 2025 MotoGP season...
No description available...
19h ago from Motorsport.com
Yamaha confirms its V4 will race at MotoGP San Marino...
No description available...
3d ago from Motorsport.com
Why Yamaha was disappointing on 2026 MotoGP rider...
No description available...
1d ago from Motorsport.com
Popular On IndyCarToday.com
IndyCar's Alex Palou is not on Red Bull's F1...
No description available...
8h ago from Motorsport.com
Chip Ganassi shuts down Alex Palou and Red Bull F1...
No description available...
2d ago from Motorsport.com
IndyCar partners with iRacing for standalone video...
The NTT IndyCar Series will feature in a new branded video game title,...
2d ago from MotorsportWeek.c...
Winners and losers of IndyCar Snap-On Milwaukee Mile...
No description available...
3d ago from Motorsport.com
Popular On TotalWRC.com
Fast WRC Paraguay stages promise “plenty of...
No description available...
10h ago from Motorsport.com
FIA launches tender process for new WRC promoter
No description available...
1w ago from Motorsport.com
Esteban Ocon's wild childhood dream: 'I wanted to buy...
No description available...
1w ago from Motorsport.com
Popular On GunnersToday.com
Blockbuster Champions League draw is intriguing but...
s will continue to lap up massive games but perhaps the teams involved...
10h ago from TheGuardian.com
Havertz undergoes knee surgery - but Arsenal hopeful...
Arsenal forward Kai Havertz has undergone surgery for his knee injury.
9h ago from SkySports.com
Champions League draw: Alexander-Arnold primed for...
t;li>Draw also pits De Bruyne against Manchester CityArsenal set for...
11h ago from TheGuardian.com
Arsenal latest: Inter, Atletico Madrid among CL...
No description available...
11h ago from SkySports.com
Comments
Hottest News
Stella hints at the factor that might turn out decisive in...
With McLaren drivers Lando Norris and Oscar... Read More »
2h ago from F1Technical.net
F1 fans up in arms over ‘terrible’ FIA decision ahead...
F1 fans have pounced on a mistake involving the... Read More »
9h ago from GPFans.com
Sergio Perez 'surprised' by Max Verstappen gesture after...
Sergio Perez has revealed how Max Verstappen... Read More »
8h ago from GPFans.com